My followers

zondag 22 mei 2016

Arnhem Groupe Build Project Finished!

Not been very busy on blogger this week but I really wanted to get this project to an end. When I realised this week that there were only three weeks left for the event I pushed up the speed a little bit. Now I can say that it is finished and ready to be posted to the one who is making the whole diorama. I also wanted to finish something else but that is for later on this week.
Global picture off the finished vignette!

What did I do this week? First I did a little set-up to see how everything fits on the base. Then I drilled some holes in the base for placing the poles from the plates in with some wood glue. Next I added the mix of woodfiller with sand an brown paint over the whole base and I placed the checkpoint cabine. It had to dry for at least 24 hours so it would become very hard. Here is a picture off the result so far.





Next I painted the base completely with a dark brown from Revell. Then I drybrushed with GW Graveyard Earth, Revell Beige and GW Kommando Khaki. Then I placed some bushed made from Woodlands Scenic folliage, flowers from Greenline and Miniatuur and some grass from Games Workshop.

The tank was something tricky to place on the base. I had just enough place to get it on it. From the back off the tank to the front of the cannon is just 10 cm, the lenght of the base! At that moment I decide not to glue the turret so it can be moved a little bit to left or the right. Last step was adding the figures on the tank. They are all placed with wood glue so that it will invisible when it is dry.


Now it is time to reveal what is on the plates I placed. Maybe some of you remind that I wanted this tank to pass the border between Belgium (Lommel) and the Netherlands (Valkenswaard). Here you can see how I symbolised the border.

Flag of Belgium!

Flag of the Netherlands!

And because this is made for a very special event in Arnhem I added also a sign to let them know what direction they have to take.

Yes, that's the direction!

That's the story off this little piece of work. Here are some more pictures from other angles so that you get a good view off how it looks like. I hope you all like the final result.











So if you want to see this work and many others that members of Benno's Figures Forum have made for this project come to Arnhem on the 5th June. Here I give once more the information of this event.


FIGZ

Wargaming & miniatures event in the Netherlands

Sunday 5 June 2016, Arnhem (NL)




In the next days I will be active on blogger again. And later on this week I will post some figures I painted last week, and I have to blame someone for that. But as said that is for later on this week!


Welcome to my blog!!!!!




46 opmerkingen:

  1. Hola 👋
    Magnífica escena si señor
    Un saludo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Jose! I'm pleased you like it!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. Reacties
    1. Thanks trzmielofigsy! And you like it? Good! Very good!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. Knap gedaan dit vignetje, klein detail, Nederlandse vlag hangt ondersteboven.

    Pjotr

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Pjotr! Thanks for pointing me to the error I made on that Dutch flag (upside down!)! It's fixed! Oh and welcome back on Blogger!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  4. I love it! Very well worth the wait to see it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Marvin! It was indeed worth to wait!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  5. great set, love how you put them all around

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks DEZ! It was close but it worked!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  6. That's some really great modeling Peter. Well done! I'm sure it will be a hit.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Great modeling, sir!! The vignette is superb.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. What a fabulous result Peter, the whole thing looks wonderful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Excellent work Peter. Really well done!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Stunning job Peter, great details!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Great work Peter. How did you create the flowers?

    Greetings
    Hightower

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Hightower! The flowers are from Green line and MiniNatur. I have placed the links where you can find them on your blog.

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  12. Fantastic piece of work Peter ! Great looking diorama , with the right amount of humor. I'm looking forward to the next post and who get's the blame :)
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Well done Peter, I am rubbish with tanks myself so I applaud your effort! I do think it shame you have not modelled some vlaaidozen on there...

      Verwijderen
    2. Thanks Mario! I'm pleased that you see the humor in it! And who gets the blame? We'll see that later on this week!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
    3. Thanks Sander! I thought about it to late! It's packed so no changes can be made! Next time I make some "vlaaidozen" (boxes with pie). I do remember that someone made some 28mm copies of my "vlaai". Maybe it's time to paint them! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  13. Great looking job of work Peter. The Tank & Riders plus the base with other stuff really works for me. So a big thumbs up,and Well done.
    P S i`m glad that British Tank kept off the flowers. BB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! I warned them not to ride on the flowers! And they listend!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  14. WOW Peter, it turned out fantastic!
    (only where is the vlaai, it is a item what comes over the border to FIGZ as well)
    But serious, you have made a great job here, looking forward to see it on the road to Arnhem on the 5th of june!!

    Well done, my compliments!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Remco! Answer for the vlaai look at the comment I gave to Sander! ;-) Well it is on his way to Jan to place it on the diorama! You will see it!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen