My followers

donderdag 5 mei 2016

Esci Set 238 Muslim Warriors Part 1

I can't help it but during the Arnhem project I have to paint other things. I get bored when I have to paint the same things whole the time. Therefor I added a rule for myself. Not more as three things on the painttable. Only when something is finished I'm allowed to start something new. And these six figures are a result of this rule.
 

 
 
 
I wanted to keep these simple so I worked with not to many colors. I started with a white (Revell 5)undercoat and then I gave them a Vallejo Grey Wash. Then I gave them all a white drybrush. After that I painted all the skin parts with Tanned Flesh (GW), and a Flesh Wash (GW). For the red I used Blood Red (GW), for the guns Brown (Revell 85) and Boltgun Metal (GW) with a Mud Wash (GW). For the leather parts I used Snakebite Leather (GW) also with a Mud Wash (GW). Gold and Silver are also from Games Workshop. Black is from Revell (8).
 
They painted real quick and many more will follow. From this set there are nine more waiting for some paint (Esci 238 Muslim Warriors). After that some other sets will follow. Are in cue line:
 
They are also an addition to the earlier painted figures from this sets:
 
Here are the close ups of these painted figures.
 











 
 
I hope you like them!
 
Next time another update on the Arnhem Project. Keep watching!
 
Welcome to my blog!!!!!
 
 


41 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. Thanks Fran! I'm glad the rule works! And you know what? No mess on the painting table anymore! That is something else that is possetive!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. Like them? Love them! It's a real skill to get that white cloth looking good. Looking forward to more Arabs!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Marvin! As soon there is again some space on the painting table there will be more Arabs coming up!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  3. Look good Peter! I like painting arabs.

    But lose the rule!!! NO RULES!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks WarRaptor! I keep my rules, so I get something finished and I can show it here! Good try! Lol!!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  4. Nicely done Peter, they look fantastic!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. They look great Peter ! Keep up the great work !
    I'm looking forward to see more of your projects.
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Mario! More is coming up in the next weeks!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  6. They might be simple, but they are very effective Peter, lovely work Sir.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Very nice, Peter. You managed a really nice white color on the clothing...very nice!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Jay! I'm proud that I managed it so well!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  8. Reacties
    1. Thanks DEZ! I hope to find some female to make it even more exotic!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  9. I like the shading of white. Did you use washes?

    V.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Vladimir! Yes I used a Vallejo Grey Wash and after that I did a white drybrush!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  10. Nice job on these Peter. I like your rule about the 3 items on the workbench. I try to keep it a 2... but 3 sounds more appealing!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Rod! And welcome! It is sometimes hard to keep this rule, but when I see that I manage to finish something I'm happy with it!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  11. They look great, excellent artworK! Painting white is so tough, but you did it perfectly!! Cheers!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks RMacedo! I'm honoured! It took me a long time to find the best way to paint white. Now It looks like I finally found it!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  12. Fantastic!! Really like the white. The grey wash has worked very well indeed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Classic set, well painted too Peter

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Hi Pieter,

    I always like colonial warfare and you gave the white color a realistic look.

    cheers
    uwe

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Wow! You work to a very high standard, Peter i will definitely be trawling through your posts for tips...especially on your Arnhem group job.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks SRD! Welcome here! And have fun trawling through my posts! I'm working on the tank and I hope I can get him finished one of these days!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  16. Magic work Peter! Excellent all around in fact.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Your projects are growing larger and i like that Peter. i always admired these figures greatly,and so its good to see them painted now. Splendid Work. Two Thumbs Up! BB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! I can't help it Paul, but I have to do something with all those figures here in the house! More of these are coming soon! ;-)

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  18. At first glance I thought the tunics were painted with white contrast. You got a great and quick result with Grey wash and then white drybrush. They turned out very nice Peter.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen