My followers

woensdag 8 juni 2016

Peter Pig Pirates Set 1 Unarmed Pirates

First a little announcement. I updated my previous post about the FIGZ meeting with some links to more pictures of the event. I also have to clear out that I was at home and not at the meeting. The pictures were send to me so I could post them on the forum to let the other members see what was going on in Arnhem. (FIGZ 2016 Pictures)
 
 
So now back to the title of this post. You all know that the Wargaming Girl, Tamsin sended me some Peter Pig Pirates that I won in the Give Away she has done. As I am a very curious person I wanted to know what it is to paint 15 mm figures. And with the good advice (haha!) I had in the comments of that post I started with the following three figures. In every bag there are eight figures in three different poses.
 
 
I must say it worked extremely well. I thought that I would not see what I'm doing on these figures, but I could see it. I painted them just like I do with my 20 mm figures (thanks Sander!). White basecoat, flesh parts and then adding different colors and washes (and some drybrushing). Well enough blabla, here are the pictures!
 
The three poses of this set.

Forgot to paint the belt, but that is fixed now!

Great sculpted figures!

All three are yelling!

Green finger is fixed!

This jacket wasn't easy, because I didn't know how to paint it!
I decided he's wearing a stolen jacket from a French Officer!

And he took the wallet to!
 
The close ups of the figures was good to see the errors I made. I fixed them all and now they are waiting in a box for some more friends. I hope I can paint some more in between of the other figures I'm working on!
 
Thanks again Tamsin. A new world of figures has opened their doors for me. I'm allready making a list for the CRISIS in Antwerp, this November, to buy some more sets. For example the guns and some British.
 
Thanks for looking and if you have some more advice for painting this figures, just let it come! I will read them with big interest!
 
 
Welcome to my blog!!!!!
 
 


33 opmerkingen:

  1. Great results Peter! I'm in awe of anyone who can do so well with 15mm or smaller...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Edwin! Me to that's why I gave them a go! Just to get the feeling!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  2. Nice painting! I like PPigs stuff, and you make them good!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great work Peter ! Very brave (and dangerous) to paint 15mm mini's.
    The dangerous part has already manifested in your list for Crisis & want in more 15mm mini's. Do your boxes pile up to?
    Greetings

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Mario! My boxes pile up indeed! Luckely those 15 mm figures don't take much space! ;-)

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  4. Excellent work on the Peter Pig figures.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Getting into the small stuff...
    Well done, and getting an old man it's even better!!!
    (oh and love those pictures of FIGZ, nice they where send to you)
    Keep up the good work my friend!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Remco! Just a little sidestep my friend!;-)

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  6. New adventures are coming with these wonderful pirates!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Phil! I'm not sure yet what I will do with them! Maybe a little diorama? I don't know yet!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  7. Splendid additions to the collection Peter.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Very nice work for your first try at 15mm Peter - better than a lot of mine in the same scale :)

    I believe that you are the first winner of figures from my prize draw to have posted painted pics of them :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Tamsin! Don't know if they are better as your first 15mm figures, but I'm pleased with the result!
      I just had to paint some!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  9. argh, hope they didn't steal all your rum!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks DEZ! Had no rum, but the wodka is gone! :-D

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  10. 15mm figs can be fun and paint up fast. It's amazing some of the detail they can put into them these days. Your's look really good Peter!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Rod! Yes I was surprised with the details to! You can see them better as I thought!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  11. Avast matey. they be fine shipmates!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! Fine shipmates? They robbed my bar!

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  12. One can always use a bigger brush on smaller sized figures to get e`m done quick smart,or as i do cut a brush down. Mrs B,thinks it rather good and funny seeing a brush cut down to size one or two hairs remaining,and little o`l me a painting contently in my comfit zone. Peter,Buddy those Pirates are looking ace cool,and i bet Sam, Pascal! would like them too.
    Well done on another fine looking project.
    All you need now is a ship! BB

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Paul! No ship at this moment, because I don't know what I'm going to do with the figures after they are painted. Well I mean not yet! :-D
      Brushes I use are 5/0 and 10/0.

      Greetings
      Peter

      Verwijderen
  13. Great job on the little fellas Pete!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen